- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- sophisticated without being snooty
- complimentary bar
- complimentary same-day laundry service
- a taxi-ride away from shopping or sightseeing
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Ten Bompas Review
This hotel-cum-restaurant is small and luxurious, and the decor is minimalist, with carefully chosen African art. Suites, each done by a different interior designer, have separate lounges and bedrooms, with fireplaces, complimentary minibars, and satellite TV. You can also peruse brochures for the hotel's partner game lodges in the far north of Kruger National Park. The restaurant receives consistently good reviews. Its menu changes with the seasons. The food is exciting and fresh: wild mushroom risotto and thyme tart, or ostrich burgers, for example. It also has a well-stocked wine cellar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Explore South Africa! Flights to Johannesburg From $798 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Stay 3 Nights and Save 25% on Your Stay!: Sunnyside Park in May Save with Expedia, $39/night less
- 4-Star Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank Fr $182+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $51/night less
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Johannesburg Fr $1372 Expedia
- Book 3-Star Mercure Johannesburg Midrand Fr $64+/Nt — $64 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
My family - which includes our two 14 year-old children - are considering a 2 week trip to South Africa at the end of July. Read more
· News & Features
Inspired by the setting of the exciting World Cup?...... Read more
Tourism is likely to increase once the world sees how much South Africa has to offer...... Read more