- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa
At a Glance
- well-stocked library
- complimentary shuttle service to Sandton City mall
- service can be slow
- property could use some updating
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa Review
Set in a residential area, this gracious boutique hotel was once a private home owned by the Oppenheimer family. Each individually decorated suite mimics classic European style (the honeymoon suite's canopied bed is a replica of one from Versailles), making guests feel like royalty. Large windows overlook the manicured gardens, and working fireplaces add to the romance. The large grounds with sweeping lawns and rose beds include a pool and a Balinese-themed spa. There's also well-equipped gym, an à la carte restaurant, and conference facilities.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Inspired by the setting of the exciting World Cup?...... Read more
Tourism is likely to increase once the world sees how much South Africa has to offer...... Read more