- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A huge entertainment and resort complex in the middle of dry bushveld in the North West Province, Sun City is popular with golfers and families, and South Africans and foreign tourists alike. Sun City's appeal is vastly enhanced by the Pilanesberg National Park, which is only 10 km (6 mi) past Sun City, and by a full round of outdoor sports and activities, including two Gary Player-designed world-class golf courses, elephant-back riding, and archery.
Elsewhere in Johannesburg
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel