Leopard Hills Review
Owned by the Kruger family, whose distant family member Paul Kruger, president of the former Transvaal Republic, founded Kruger National Park in 1898, this hilltop lodge was built 100 years after the park's founding. Managed and run by the ultra-experienced Duncan and Louise Rodgers, the lodge has grown from its original five suites to the current complex of eight suites, private heated plunge pools, gym and sala (outdoor covered deck), library, and traditional Shangaan boma. As with many lodges in the area, Leopard Hills gives back to the community, and its on-site junior school provides an excellent education for the children of lodge staff throughout the Sabi Sands area. Expect to see the Big Five, take a guided bush walk, fly over the awesome Blyde River canyon in a helicopter, or visit the local village to meet the people and see how they live.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- Cape Town & Namibia — $3,939 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more