At a Glance
- great views from everywhere
- attentive staff
- suites are so comfortable you might not want to leave them
- frequency of meals and abundance of good food may have you crying uncle
Ivory Lodge Review
If you seek the ultimate in luxury, privacy, and relaxation, look no further than this gorgeous, exclusive lodge. Suites are really more like villas as each has its own private entrance and a separate sitting room and bedroom that are joined by a breezeway. Superb views overlooking the Sabi River and Kruger beyond are had from every point, especially on the decks, which come equipped with telescopes—you actually never have to leave your suite to catch views of incredible wildlife. The simple, uncluttered, elegant suites are decorated in contemporary African-European style with wood-burning fireplaces, a butler's passage-way where your morning tea is delivered, an indoor and outdoor shower, as well as a freestanding tub to relax in at the end of the day. You'll also have a personal butler and a plunge pool. Relax with intimate dinners and on-the-spot spa treatments, sample some of South Africa's finest wines in the on-site cellar, or head out on a game drive in a private vehicle with your own personal ranger. You won't even know if Brangelina or Ewan is in the next villa. If you're looking for something even more special and over the top, inquire about spending the night at the Chalkley Treehouse.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town & Namibia IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa Experience — $4,149 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
The Grace Hotel in Rosebank, which has been one of the best places to stay in Johannesburg for many years, will close this month. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more