Singita Sabi Sand
Singita Sabi Sand Review
Although Singita (Shangaan for "the miracle") offers much the same bush and game experience as the other lodges, nothing is too much trouble here. Lodges offer low-key opulence, comforting organic atmosphere, truly spacious accommodations, superb food and wine, and variety of public spaces—quiet little private dining nooks to a huge viewing deck built round an ancient jackalberry tree, comfortable library with TV and Internet, and attractive poolside bar—really do put this gorgeous lodge head and shoulders above the rest of the herd. Whether you fancy a starlit private supper, a riverside breakfast, or just chilling alone in your megasuite, you've only to ask. Forget the usual lodge curio shop and take a ride to the Trading Post where objets d'art, unique handmade jewelry, classy bush gear, and artifacts from all over Africa are clustered together in a series of adjoining rooms and courtyards that seem more like someone's home than a shop. Pop into the wine cellars and learn about the finest South African wines from the resident sommelier, and then choose some to be shipped directly home. If you're feeling energetic, the bush bike rides are great.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- Cape Town & Namibia — $3,939 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more