Blue Lagoon Hotel
At a Glance
- staff are friendly and warm
- there's an airport shuttle
- it's a conference venue so can get noisy
- only the suites have river or sea views
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Blue Lagoon Hotel Review
Overlooking the mouth of the beautiful Nahoon River and within easy reach of Nahoon Beach, this is a great place for a low-key family beach break. The standard rooms are quite ordinary and lack views, but the family suites have magnificent views of the lagoon, the sea, or both. Each suite has two bedrooms, one bathroom with tub and shower, a well-appointed kitchen, a living room, and a spacious balcony. The restaurants (¢-$$) are popular with locals—as much for the fabulous views as for the large menu of pastas, steaks, and fish dishes, plus a few interesting innovations thrown in.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town & Namibia IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa Experience — $4,149 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
Single older guy, I am flying to Joberg, renting a car there and driving to Kruger. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more