- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Wild Farm
At a Glance
- you can pick your own vegetables
- there's a fantastic volunteer program run by the Farm, for the benefit of disadvantaged children in the community
- Internet access isn't free
- you need to be young at heart and adventurous to get the most out of your stay
The Wild Farm Review
Horses and cows in the field, a huge vegetable garden, and endless views over the ocean create a sense of space and abundance at this friendly, squeaky-clean hostel set high on a farm above Wilderness. Brothers Riaan and Theo Barnard, both qualified tour guides, offer excursions all over the Garden Route, as well as surfboard rentals and regular shuttles to and from Wilderness and the surrounding beaches. You're welcome to use the well-equipped kitchen or barbecue, though you might want to start the day off with a big farm breakfast for R35.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more