- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- watch dolphins frolicking from your room
- walk down to the beach in minutes
- the view from the breakfast terrace is incredible
- standard rooms are small
- some rooms look out onto the car park
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
High on a rocky point in Plettenberg Bay, this luxury hotel has unbelievable views of the bay, the Tsitsikamma Mountains, and Keurbooms Lagoon; miles of magnificent beach; and, in season, whales frolicking just beyond the waves. Built around an 1860 manor house, the hotel is light and bright, decorated in shades of white and blue. Service is wonderfully attentive, with a front-desk staff that tries to anticipate your every need. Even if you don't stay here, treat yourself to lunch on the hotel terrace. Diners sit under large fabric umbrellas and look out over a pool that seems to extend right into the incredible views. The lunch menu offers light meals, salads, and sandwiches. Dinner in The Sand ($$; reservations essential) is a fancier affair, focusing on local meat and seafood, and you can have a romantic dinner for two in the private dining room in the cellar for no extra charge. Villas are self-catering.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
My family - which includes our two 14 year-old children - are considering a 2 week trip to South Africa at the end of July. Read more
· News & Features
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more