- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The focus here is on free-range, organic, fresh, and seasonal food. Chances are the salad on your plate has been freshly picked from the organic garden outside. The result is tasty, imaginative, healthy fare that's served in generous portions. Vegetarians won't know where to start. The menu changes regularly, but think roasted vegetables of the day served with sweet potato fries, a garden salad, and a veggie cigar (a golden phyllo-pastry tube stuffed with vegetables and feta) or the lasagna, layers of grilled vegetables with herb and egg fritters and mozzarella. There are also homemade pastas, soups, sandwiches, and a range of salads served either roasted or raw. Meat eaters take heart, you have not been neglected. Venison frikkadells (meatballs) are served with a buttery potato mash and beetroot chutney, and there are steaks served with potato wedges and dishes like slow-cooked lamb shanks with potato mash and roasted vegetables. The setting is a charming, rustic wooden cottage, and guests are encouraged to linger over their meal. Zucchini's is part of Timberlake Farm Stall, which has a range of artisan and organic shops and a kiddies' playground.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- Cape Town & Namibia — $3,939 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more