- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tsala Treetop Lodge
At a Glance
- beautiful infinity plunge pools
- vegetarians are looked after
- emphasis is on privacy and romance—it's not for the sociable
- suites don't have valley views as trees are in the way
Check Rates from our Partners
Tsala Treetop Lodge Review
Built on the same property as Hunter's, and also run by the Hunter family, this lodge combines the best of sleek design with spectacular natural surroundings. Fabulous glass, stone, metal, and wood chalets are built on stilts overlooking a steep forested gorge and, in some cases, extending into the forest canopy. Suites have plunge pools with fantastic views, verandas, and fireplaces, and the unusual decor includes specially manufactured oval baths, hand-beaten brass plumbing fittings, and loads of glass. There are also beautiful African antiques in the reception areas. Suites are connected by raised timber walkways. The restaurant is open to nonguests, and there's the further option of dining at Zinzi's ($$), a reasonably priced and gorgeous restaurant on the same property.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
My family - which includes our two 14 year-old children - are considering a 2 week trip to South Africa at the end of July. Read more
· News & Features
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more