- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most local tourism bureaus are very helpful. In peak season (generally October to April), you may find them open longer than their off-season hours, which are typically weekdays 8 or 8:30 to 5 or 5:30, Saturday 8 or 8:30 to 1 or 1:30. In very quiet periods the staff may close up shop early.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe