- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Garden Route Trail. On the five-day guided Garden Route Trail, you start in the Ebb and Flow Restcamp and then head east along the coast, taking in long beach walks and coastal forest before ending in Brenton on Sea. The emphasis is on the natural environment, and knowledgeable guides provide commentary along the way. The trip is catered and portered, and you do some canoeing in addition to hiking. The five-day trail costs from R4,900 depending on the number of people. There is also a number of popular day walks, such as a guided forest canoe and walking trail (R220) and a Moonlight Meander on the beach at full moon (R60). Wilderness. 044/883-1015 or 082/213-5931. www.gardenroutetrail.co.za.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe