- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Reuben Riffel is one of a small band of talented homegrown chefs who are breaking culinary rules with passion, and, more important, delectable results. Riffel is flexing his wings and "cooking food he would like to eat." And so, it seems, people would like to eat along with him. Choose from a diverse range of dishes on the à la carte menu. Do you opt for the crisp pork belly, celery root, apple puree, chili, and ginger caramel, or pancetta wrapped around kudu with a potato fondant? The decor is minimalist but welcoming, with a roaring fire in winter, and the service impeccable. The waiters know their wine and are happy to make menu recommendations. Have a drink at the trendy bar, made from an airplane wing.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more