- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mont Rochelle Review
This picture-pretty estate overlooking Franschoek produces some excellent wines. The barrel-fermented chardonnay has made everybody sit up and take notice, but new to try is the Miko Chardonnay Sur Lie, named after former owner Miko Rwayitare who died unexpectedly in 2008. The Syrah 2004 is also noteworthy, and the sauvignon blanc reserve from 2007 is another winner. A swank hotel and Mange Tout restaurant are also on-site. For more informal meals, there's the Country Kitchen. Both come highly recommended.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more