- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Arniston Spa Hotel
At a Glance
- great views of the beach
- located on a safe beach, which is brilliant if you have children
- windy in summer
- bit noisy during high season
Arniston Spa Hotel Review
You could easily spend a week here and still need to be dragged away. The setting, a crescent of white dunes, has a lot to do with Arniston's appeal, but the hotel also strikes a fine balance between elegance and beach-vacation comfort. Request a sea-facing room, where you can enjoy the ever-changing colors of the horizon and have a grandstand view of the large concentration of cow-and-calf pairs found here during the whaling season, between June and November. The à la carte menu ($) offers substantial variety, with few surprises, but the grilled catch of the day is as fresh as you can get. Oenophiles rejoice at the quality of the deservedly renowned wine list. Lunch, which is included in the rate along with a full breakfast, is served on the patio in fine weather. Pool-facing rooms are cheaper.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more