- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With a name that means "welcome" in Thai, Sawasdee has a peaceful atmosphere and attentive service that make it one of the best eateries in the city. Tanzania's first Thai restaurant, Sawasdee serves authentic dishes—duck in brown sauce, fish in ginger, chicken in green curry—prepared by a highly esteemed chef from Bangkok. The restaurant on the 9th floor of the New Africa Hotel overlooks the sparkling lights of the harbor.
- Address: New Africa Hotel, Azikiwi St. and Sokoine Dr., Dar es Salaam
- Phone: 022/211-7050
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch weekdays.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- East Africa Experience IExplore
- Grand Safari IExplore
- Kilimanjaro Climb - Machame Route — $2,449 IExplore
- Tanzania Flying Adventure — $6,539 IExplore
- Kilimanjaro Climb- Rongai Route — $2,269 IExplore
Great Safari Experience with Tanzania Rafiki Tours
I recently used a tour guide named Tanzania Rafiki Tours - TRT and they were amazing! Read more
Part 1: Overview
My husband and I and a female traveling companion just returned from a fabulous two-week Northern Circuit safari. Read more
Working on a trip to East Africa. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more