- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Dubai Museum Review
The tiny Al Fahidi fort was built in 1787 to protect the port from marauding landward tribes and seafaring pirates. During the 20th century the fort fell into disrepair, but the coral stone and stucco walls were restored, and today it hosts Dubai's national museum. Upon entering the museum, you step back in time to before the discovery of oil and the arrival of container ships. A series of cleverly designed subterranean spaces take you through the daily life of Dubai's past. For instance, you can stroll through a life-size re-creation of the creekside wharfs and souks, where lifelike figures include fishermen, pearl traders, spice merchants, and metal workers. The sights and sounds of different trades come to life in original sound tracks that play in the background, and with the help of projected images, life-size figures appear as though they're performing tasks. Here, you can feel the excitement and energy of what was once one of the Arab world's most exciting port towns. The final series of galleries, before the gift shop and museum exit, holds cases of artifacts found on archaeological digs around the emirate. The earliest ones date from the 3rd millennium BC, and include human remains from ritual burials and such grave goods as spearheads.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Dubai From 637 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Dubai Savings! Book at Arabian Ranches Golf Club Fr $99+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Dubai for Less: Hotels Fr $100+/Nt Travelocity
- 4-Star Dubai Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1361 Expedia
- 7 Nt Cruise! See Middle East with MSC Cruises Fr $649 Expedia
It is an awesome Indian restaurant in UAE.
Our Indian food is liked by all and have awesome reviews..
This restaurant's page is also available at www.anindian.com ........
Here's some details about it:- Read more
I just returned from a trip via Emirates Air to Africa with a stopover in Dubai. Read more
Stopping over in Dubai during my trip to India, Travelling with our boys 5y and 7y. Read more
· News & Features
The United Arab Emirates may be best known for its luxury high rises and deluxe shopping malls, but look... Read more
Dubai has a monopoly on the biggest, tallest, and glitziest everything—and it's if-you-build-it-they-will-come... Read more
Swanky and indulgent, Dubai is the Middle East's hot spot, with endless entertainment, world-class shopping,... Read more