- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Burj Al-Arab Review
The building of Burj Al-Arab put Dubai on the map. The hotel has triumphed since its opening in 1999, and its curved exterior has been featured on the covers of numerous design magazines. Sheikh Mohammed wasted no time in exploiting the furor created by Burj Al-Arab, with well-funded advertising campaigns intended to woo the world. Designed by Thomas Wills Wright of Atkins Group, the metal and glass structure that is perched on a small, artificial offshore island posed several engineering conundrums for its constructors.
The graceful curves, designed to mimic wind caught in the sails of a dhow, are beautiful and unique, but it's the interior of Burj Al-Arab that's caught the notice of travelers. It is said to be the world's first 7-star hotel, but its owner (Jumeirah Hotels) insists that it's only 5-Star Luxe—the highest possible quality under the current rating system.
Inside the hotel is one of the world's tallest atriums at 590 feet. A sumptuous decor designed by Kuan Chew of KCA International blends rich blues, reds, and greens with acres of gilt. Head to the Skyview Bar for exceptional views of the coastline, including Palm Jumeirah and The World. Even if you don't stay here, come for lunch, tea, cocktails, or dinner; however, you must have proof of a confirmed reservation at a restaurant or bar in order to gain admittance (no exceptions).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Dubai From 637 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 4-Star Arabian Ranches Golf Club in Dubai Fr $99+/Nt Expedia
- Look no Further! Dubai Hotels Fr $152+/Nt Travelocity
- Dubai 5-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1402 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $649 Expedia
It is an awesome Indian restaurant in UAE.
Our Indian food is liked by all and have awesome reviews..
This restaurant's page is also available at www.anindian.com ........
Here's some details about it:- Read more
I just returned from a trip via Emirates Air to Africa with a stopover in Dubai. Read more
Stopping over in Dubai during my trip to India, Travelling with our boys 5y and 7y. Read more
· News & Features
The United Arab Emirates may be best known for its luxury high rises and deluxe shopping malls, but look... Read more
Dubai has a monopoly on the biggest, tallest, and glitziest everything—and it's if-you-build-it-they-will-come... Read more
Swanky and indulgent, Dubai is the Middle East's hot spot, with endless entertainment, world-class shopping,... Read more