- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Madinat Jumeirah Review
Translating to Jumeirah City in Arabic, Madinat Jumeirah is a vast resort that pays homage to the best of classical Islamic architecture and art. It comprises three hotels, a mall, and an entertainment district—all of which are set amongst a series of artificial canals and lush greenery.
Souk Madinat, a beautifully designed bazaar of narrow alleyways, takes the best aspects of a traditional souk with lots of small stalls piled high with tempting souvenirs, and adds an extra element of comfort—air-conditioning. Art, carpets, and furniture are high quality here, but the prices reflect this and are rarely negotiable.
Madinat Jumeirah's waterfront is a great stopover for a lazy lunch or long dinner. Restaurants and bars line both sides of the canal promenade and many have liquor licenses, so you can enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail as you relax in the balmy air and watch the social set stroll by. The complex looks especially appealing after dark when soft lighting illuminates the pastel stucco, barjeels, and cobbled courtyards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Dubai From 637 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Visit Dubai for Less: Hotels Fr $54+/Nt Travelocity
- Book in Dubai: Save this May Fr $63+/Nt Expedia
- Dubai 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1351 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $649 Expedia
It is an awesome Indian restaurant in UAE.
Our Indian food is liked by all and have awesome reviews..
This restaurant's page is also available at www.anindian.com ........
Here's some details about it:- Read more
I just returned from a trip via Emirates Air to Africa with a stopover in Dubai. Read more
Stopping over in Dubai during my trip to India, Travelling with our boys 5y and 7y. Read more
· News & Features
The United Arab Emirates may be best known for its luxury high rises and deluxe shopping malls, but look... Read more
Dubai has a monopoly on the biggest, tallest, and glitziest everything—and it's if-you-build-it-they-will-come... Read more
Swanky and indulgent, Dubai is the Middle East's hot spot, with endless entertainment, world-class shopping,... Read more