Beijing to Shanghai Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go: Beijing to Shanghai
Qingdao: Life's a beach in China's premier seaside city. Enjoy some of the country's best seafood and wash it down with Tsingtao beer, the local brew. Stroll around the well-preserved architecture from the days when the Germans were in charge.
Huangshan: Yellow Mountain's towering granite peaks overlooking rice paddies and green fields have been a place of pilgrimage for centuries.
Chengde: Originally a summer retreat for an emperor, this town's magnificent temples, parks, and palaces now attract weekenders hunting for culture.
Suzhou: Classical gardens and a network of crisscrossing canals run throughout the moated city.
Tongli: A fine example of a town built on water, Tongli is a wonderful place to wander around. Quaint side streets and alleyways open onto canals and bridges.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Nanjing Savings! Book at Grand Metropark Nanjing Fr $156+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4.5-Star Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley and Towers Fr $144+/Nt Expedia
- Nanjing Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $43+/Nt — $43 Expedia
- May deal: Motel 168 (Nanjing Hanzhong Road) Fr $36+/Nt — $36 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Nanjing this May Fr $35+/Nt — $35 Expedia