- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Haidian District Top 5
1. Spending a low-key day at the vast Summer Palace and Old Summer Palace. Don't miss getting out onto the water at either the Kunming Lake or the Fuhai Lake.
2. Eating and chatting all evening at the Wudaokou Binguan beer garden.
3. Browsing the biggest selection of electronics and computer goods (both legitimate and pirated) this side of the Pacific at Hailong Shopping Mall.
4. Listening to China's biggest bell toll at the Big Bell Temple. Here you'll find bells, both big and small, from the Ming, Song, and Yuan dynasties.
5. Getting out of town with a day trip to the Fragrant Hills Park or the Beijing Botanical Garden.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Beijing From 725 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- May deal: Piao Home Inn Beijing Jiuxianqiao Fr $38+/Nt Expedia
- Book the Nikko Jinglun 3 Nts in May Fr $96+/Nt Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Zhaolong Biggest Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1575 Expedia
- 12 Nt Cruise! See Asia with Royal Caribbean International Fr $899 Expedia