- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Swing by the Hong Kong Tourist Board (HKTB) visitor center before even leaving the airport. It publishes stacks of helpful free exploring booklets and maps, offers free classes and workshops on local culture, runs a plethora of tours, and operates a multilingual helpline. Its detailed, comprehensive Web site is a fabulous resource. If you're planning on visiting several museums in a week, pick up a Museum Weekly Pass, which gets you into seven museums for HK$30. Buy it at participating museums or at the HKTB visitor center at the Tsim Sha Tsui Star Ferry Concourse.
Hong Kong Tourist Board (Hong Kong International Airport, Arrivals Level, Terminal 1, Lantau, Hong Kong. 2508-1234 hotline daily 9-6. www.discoverhongkong.com. Daily 8 am-9 pm. The Peak Piazza, Victoria Peak, Central. Daily 9-9. Star Ferry Concourse, Tsim Sha Tsui. Daily 8-8.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe