- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Macau is well known for its casinos and restaurants, but it's also rapidly gaining a reputation for its luxury spa and sauna facilities, offering a huge range of treatments. Almost every luxury hotel has its own spa, with special packages and offers for hotel guests. Many visitors opt for spa treatments at luxury hotels, but Macau's independent spas have become a major force, offering equally exquisite service at lower prices than hotels. All spas offer services for couples, and provide a great opportunity to relax in a peaceful space with someone special.
Treatments begin at around MOP$300 and up for 60 minutes of service. The following are some of the more impressive spa facilities available:
The Spa at the Grand Lapa Macau
The Spa at the Mandarin Oriental Grand Lapa Macau. The largest and best-known spa in town takes advantage of the Grand Lapa's sumptuous Mediterranean architecture and lets in lots of natural sunlight for a bright and airy spa experience. On offer are numerous Chinese, European, Thai, and Japanese treatments. A signature 2½-hour, four-part Macanese Sangría Ritual includes a full body scrub using fresh grapes, sangria bath in a private outdoor Jacuzzi, and grape-seed-oil massage, for MOP$1,720. Reserve ahead. Grand Lapa, 956-1110 Av. da Amizade, Outer Harbour, Macau. 853/8793-4824. www.mandarinoriental.com/grandlapa/spa.
Nirvana Spa. In a quiet area of town near the Nam Van Lake, the Asian-inspired Nirvana has rooms decorated in Chinese, Thai, Balinese, Indian, Macau, and various other eastern themes. Therapists from Thailand and the Philippines are trained in deep-tissue, ayurvedic, herbal, shiatsu, and aromatherapy massages. Ground fl., China Law Bldg., 403 Av. da Praia Grande, Downtown, Macau. 853/2833-1521. www.nirvanaspamacau.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1499 & up -- Hong Kong & Shanghai 6-Night Trip w/Air go-today
- Ageless China IExplore
- China & Yangtze Experience — $4,199 IExplore
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong — $3,350 IExplore
- China Active: Hiking in Yunnan — $2,899 IExplore