- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Money can be changed in the major hotels or at the Bank of China. The Guilin and Nanning airports have branches and ATMs, and all Bank of China ATMs take international cards. The Kunming airport has a foreign exchange counter just outside the international arrivals gate.
Foreign bank cards on the Cirrus or Plus systems can be used at ATMs displaying their respective logos. Bank of China and ICBC are your best bets. When traveling to remote parts of the region, have cash on hand, as ATMs accepting foreign cards are rare.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4.5-Star Marriott Nanning Fr $115+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $33/night less
- May deal: Jinjiang Inn (Nanning International Expo) Fr $38+/Nt Expedia