Shopping in The Silk Road
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
The Silk Road Shopping
Running alongside the Id Kah Mosque is a narrow lane known as...
Hua Jue Xiang Market
In the alley leading to the Great Mosque, the Hua Jue Xiang Market...
|Outdoor / Flea / Green Markets, Gifts / Souvenirs||Xian|
Jianguo Lu Wholesale Market
This market sells everything from traditional Tibetan clothing...
|Food / Candy, Outdoor / Flea / Green Markets, Clothing||Xining|
Kashgar's famous Sunday Market consists of two bazaars with a...
|Outdoor / Flea / Green Markets||Kashgar|
Uyghur Musical Instruments Workshop
At this shop you can watch the owner or his apprentice working...
Xinjiang Antique Store
This shop has a good selection of genuine antique Chinese bric-a-brac...
|Antiques / Collectibles||Ürümqi|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1499 & up -- Hong Kong & Shanghai 6-Night Trip w/Air go-today
- Ageless China IExplore
- China & Yangtze Experience — $4,199 IExplore
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong — $3,350 IExplore
- China Active: Hiking in Yunnan — $2,899 IExplore