Sights & Attractions in The Silk Road
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Xian's most recognizable structure, the Bell Tower was built in...
Big Wild Goose Pagoda
This impressively tall pagoda lies 4 km (2½ miles) southeast...
Originally built in 1380, this 111-foot-high Ming Dynasty building—which...
This lushly landscaped mosque with four graceful courtyards may...
Shaanxi History Museum
Although museums in China are often underwhelming, this is a...
|Museums / Galleries||Xian|
This is the most impressive of the 13 gates leading through Xian's...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1499 & up -- Hong Kong & Shanghai 6-Night Trip w/Air go-today
- Ageless China IExplore
- China & Yangtze Experience — $4,199 IExplore
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong — $3,350 IExplore
- China Active: Hiking in Yunnan — $2,899 IExplore