- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Until recently, Goa's southernmost sandy stretch—nicknamed Paradise Beach—really was like a dream. The tourists who reached Palolem, in the Canacona district, were only nature lovers and privacy seekers. Even so, despite the influx of shacks, hotels, restaurants, and discos, this mile-long, crescent-shape stretch of white sand remains one of the most beautiful beaches in India.
Accommodation options are threadbare; there are temporary thatched huts lining the shoreline during the tourist season. Your best bet might be at the Lalit Goa, a few kilometers south, at Raj Baga.
Palolem Beach at a Glance
Elsewhere in South Goa
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- India Experience IExplore
- Classical India IExplore
- Southern India Experience — $1,099 IExplore
- Enlightened India (18-Day) — $9,995 IExplore