- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- service above average
- good value
- airport pick-up
- close to Ellora caves
- far from the city
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Meadows Review
Accommodations at this resort-style hotel, which has won architectural awards, are in simple cottages, each with a private patio, and though rooms are a bit spartan, it's wonderfully tranquil—and eco-conscious, too: Biotechnology using plant roots purifies the air and wastewater. The hotel is ideal for kids—the grounds, with trees and flowers, provide space to run around and they'll love the rabbits, parrots, and rare birds flitting about. The restaurant serves tasty Indian and continental food, and a courtesy bus goes to the city four times a day.
- Address: Aurangabad-Mumbai Hwy., Village Mitmita, Padegaon, 5 km (3 miles from city center), Aurangabad, Maharashtra, 431002 | Map It
- Phone: 240/267-7412 to 16
- Website: www.themeadowsresort.com
- Location: Aurangabad, and the Ajanta and Ellora Caves
- 48 cottages, 4 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indian Getaway! Flights to Mumbai From 827 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save in Mumbai (Bombay): Book 3 Nts in May Fr $140+/Nt Save with Expedia, $30/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Mumbai (Bombay) this May Fr $93+/Nt Save with Expedia, $8/night less
- Save at 5-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Mumbai (Bombay) Fr $1969 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 16 Nt Cruise! Azamara Club Cruises Fr $3,199 Expedia
I travelled to Agra in feb & spent 2-1/2 days there. Read more
It’s been almost three weeks since my return from India and I still am dreaming of tigers and eating homemade naan. Read more
I will be grateful for any recommendations of good guides/ drivers for a tour to Rajasthan in this October. Read more
· News & Features
Everyone is falling for Mumbai, including Soho House which is about to open its first Asian outpost there.... Read more
The exclusive, jetsetter-friendly Soho House has announced five new houses in their international expansion,... Read more
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home,... Read more