- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Down the street in front of Kutchan Station (three blocks and on the left) is the excellent Machi-no-eki-PLAT, run by the Kutchan Tourist Association, which has information, Internet access, hotel booking help, and event listings. In Niseko go to the Niseko Hirafu Welcome Center for accommodation help, tourist information, and essential heaters while waiting for the bus. It's next to the bus arrival/departure area at the top of Hirafu village, near the Hotel Niseko Alpen. The main self-catering companies are the Niseko Company, Hokkaido Tracks, and Niseko Management Service.
Hokkaido Tracks 0136/23-3503. www.hokkaidotracks.com.
The Niseko Company 0136/21-7272. www.thenisekocompany.com.
Niseko Management Service 0136/21-7788. www.nisekomanagement.com.
Niseko Grand Hirafu www.grand-hirafu.jp.
Niseko United www.niseko.ne.jp.
Snow Japan www.snowjapan.com.
Machi-no-eki-PLAT Minami 1-jo, Nishi 4-chome, Kutchan, 044-0031. 0136/22-1121. www.niseko.co.jp.
Niseko Hirafu Welcome Center 189-3 Aza-Yamada, Abuta-gun, Kutchan, 044-0081. Daily 10-6.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore