- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
This tile-floor Spanish restaurant in Arashiyama brings paella to a neighborhood most famous for its tofu. Nestled among the tatami-matted restaurants on the neighborhood's main drag, Bodegon combines Spanish flavors in food and wine with Kyoto hospitality. This is a great place to dine after a day of sightseeing, and you'll be happy to linger in this scenic district after the crowds thin out.
- Address: 1 Susuki-no-bamba-cho, Saga, Tenryu-ji, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, 616-8385
- Phone: 075/872-9652
- Location: Arashiyama
- Closed Thurs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
I am planning a trip to Japan for Nov. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
There are infinite reasons to hit both Tokyo and Kyoto while visiting Japan (mochi donuts, anyone?). So,... Read more
This pass offers unlimited travel on Japan Railways (JR) trains...... Read more