- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Marumikanko Building Review
Nagoya is regularly included on international DJs' tour schedules, although you might have to head out on a weekday night to catch the biggest names. Expect to pay between ¥1,500 and ¥2,500 for admission (usually including a couple of drinks) at most clubs, depending on the event. Three of the city's best clubs can be found in this building, two blocks south of Hirokoji-dori.
Café Domina, in the basement, leans toward more abstract and bass-heavy fare. 052/264-3134. www.cafe-domina.com.
Club JB's, also in the basement, is a stronghold for house and techno. 052/241-2234. www.club-jbs.jp.
Underground, on the third and fourth floors, serves up a steady diet of hip-hop and R&B without the ghetto pretensions of some of the other joints in town. 052/242-1388. www.underground.co.jp.
- Address: 4-3-15 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, 460-0008
- Location: Nagoya
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Japan Awaits You! Flights to Nagoya From 698 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Nagoya Kanko in May: $152 & Up Save with Expedia, $14/night less
- Visit Nagoya for Less: Hotels Fr $88+/Nt Travelocity
- Nagoya Savings! Book at Best Western Nagoya Fr $122+/Nt — $122 Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- May deal: Nagoya Garden Palace Fr $140+/Nt — $140 Expedia
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
This October, my husband and I are stopping off Narita for 11 days on our way back to USA from Taipei. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more