- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
This simple tavern serves inexpensive Okinawa favorites such as goya champuru (a stir-fry using bitter melon); Korean-style bibimbap, a delicious, tangy, healthful dish of kimchi, bean sprouts, spinach, and other vegetables stirred into rice; and a plate of katsuo (bonito) sashimi big enough for two or three people. A couple of blocks east from the port, it's on the left side of McCrum-dori before it meets Route 83. There's no lunch served, but it does open by 4 pm if you're eating off-hours.
- Address: McCrum-dori, Hirara, Miyako-jima, 906-0012
- Phone: 0980/73-1959
- Location: Hirara City
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
First, thanks to all who replied to my other thread about where to go for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more