- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Shikoku's largest city, Matsuyama prides itself on a great history, friendly disposition, fantastic cultural attractions, and a love for fine food, intense fashion, and haiku. You'll be quickly captivated by the sights and feel of the city, and you can join in the fun; bathe at Dogo Onsen, Japan's oldest hot spring, hit the fashion avenue downtown, or go restaurant crawling through the best spots on the island. Denizens say it's sumi-yasui (easy living) here, and you'll find Matsuyama one of the most rewarding stops along your route.
Matsuyama at a Glance
Elsewhere in Shikoku
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe