- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
After the sex museum, Uwajima's other attraction is this sport in which two bulls lock horns and push, à la sumo, for control of a ring. The bullfights date back to the 18th century, and if you can make it during one of the six annual tournaments, you'll have a great time. The stadium is at the foot of Maru-yama, a 30-minute walk from Uwajima Station.
- Address: 1 Akebono-cho, Uwajima, 798-8601
- Phone: 0895/22-3934 Uwajima tourist info
- Cost: ¥2,500 for bullfights
- Hours: Tournaments Jan. 2, 1st Sun. in Apr., July 24, Aug. 14, and 4th Sun. in Oct.
- Location: Uwajima
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
This October, my husband and I are stopping off Narita for 11 days on our way back to USA from Taipei. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more