- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The tiled bar counter and wooden tables covered with red-and-white-checked cloths are as inviting as the staff of this terraced restaurant a few blocks north of the Karuizawa Station. Most dishes are seasonal, but try the grilled vegetable Veronese spaghetti and the salmon and Camembert pizza. Meat plates include herbed, grilled chicken or sizzling rib-roast steak. Look for the sign hanging from the second floor.
- Address: Kitasakagun, Karuizawa, 389-0104
- Phone: 0267/42-3081
- Hours: Closed Mon.
- Location: Karuizawa
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Niigata: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $88+/Nt Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Book 3-Star APA Niigata-Higashinakadori in Niigata Fr $53+/Nt Save with Expedia, $11/night less
- Toyama Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $101+/Nt — $101 Expedia
- Book in Toyama: Save at the APA Toyama in May Fr $69+/Nt — $69 Save with Expedia, $26/night less
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
First, thanks to all who replied to my other thread about where to go for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more