- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- lovely views
- traditional setting
- no private baths
Onyado Daikichi Review
The windows in all six tatami rooms of this minshuku face the wooded valley. The chef prepares local specialties such as horse-meat sashimi, mountain vegetables, and fried grasshoppers, but more-familiar Japanese food is also on the menu. Owner Nobuko-san welcomes foreign guests and even speaks a little English. There are shared Japanese baths.
- Address: Tsumago, Nagiso-machi, Kiso-gun, 399-5302
- Phone: 0264/57-2595
- Location: Kiso Valley
- 6 Japanese-style rooms without bath.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Niigata this May Fr $86+/Nt Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Niigata Savings! Book at APA Niigata-Higashinakadori Fr $53+/Nt Save with Expedia, $11/night less
- Book 3-Star APA Toyama Fr $69+/Nt — $69 Save with Expedia, $26/night less
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
This October, my husband and I are stopping off Narita for 11 days on our way back to USA from Taipei. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more