- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The Student Guide Service and the YMCA Guide Service are free and leave from the JR Nara Station's Nara City Tourist Information Office and Kintetsu Nara Station. Reservations need to be made one day in advance.
The Nara City Tourist Information Office is on the first floor of Kintetsu Nara Station; there's a branch at JR Nara Station. The Nara City Tourist Information Center has English-speaking staff on duty until 7 pm. The center is a 10-minute walk from both Kintetsu Nara Station and JR Nara Station and has free maps, sightseeing information in English, a souvenir corner, and a lounge.
Nara City Tourist Information Center. 23-4 Kami-sanjo-cho, Nara, 630-8228. 0742/22-3900. Daily 9-5.
Nara City Tourist Information Office. Kintetsu Nara Station, 29 Naka-machi, Higashi-muki, Nara, 630-8215. 0742/24-4858. Daily 9-5. JR Nara Station, 1 Sanjo, Hon-machi, 630-8244. 0742/22-9821.
Student Guide Service. Nara City Sarusawa Tourist Information Office, 49 Nobori-oji-cho, north side of Sarusawa-ike, Nara, 630-8213. 0742/26-4753.
YMCA Guide Service. 0742/45-5920.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $235 & up -- Japan: Luxury Hotels, Save 50% Featured Destination: Japan
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- $1599 & up -- Japan Vacations incl. Air, Save up to $550 — $1,599 Featured Destination: Japan
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 — $36 Featured Destination: Japan