- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Japanese Phrases
Have a look around this store, which specializes in quality folk crafts like lacquerware, kites, dyed fabrics, and pottery. The main shop is composed of several small buildings around a courtyard. You can walk through the courtyard to a small kohee-kan (coffee shop) and farther on to the river. Along the wall to the left are poems by famous local poet Kenji Miyazawa. To get to Kogensha from Morioka Station, walk left to the stoplight in front of the Hotel Metropolitan Morioka, turn right, and cross the river on Asahi-bashi. Take the first left into a funky little street that leads to the main shop, 50 yards down on the left. There's also a branch shop across the street that sells basketry and wooden bowls.
- Address: 2-18 Zaimoku-cho, Morioka, 020-0063
- Phone: 019/622-2894
- Hours: Daily 10--6; closed 15th of month and the following day if the 15th is either Sat. or Sun.
- Location: Morioka
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $235 & up -- Japan: Luxury Hotels, Save 50% Featured Destination: Japan
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- $1599 & up -- Japan Vacations incl. Air, Save up to $550 — $1,599 Featured Destination: Japan
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 — $36 Featured Destination: Japan
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
I am thinking about transfer options from Narita to Tokyo (Sheraton Miyako Hotel). Read more
· News & Features
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more