Sights & Attractions in Tohoku
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Japanese Phrases
Things to Do in Tazawa-ko and Kakunodate
Several well-preserved samurai houses date from the founding of...
|Architectural Sites||Tazawa-ko and Kakunodate|
A hall in front of a cluster of samurai houses serves as a museum...
|Museums / Galleries||Tazawa-ko and Kakunodate|
Direct descendents of the Ishiguro family open part of their...
|Houses / Mansions||Tazawa-ko and Kakunodate|
Kakunodate Kabazaiku Center 1
Among many bark shops in town, this one offers the best selection...
|Stores / Malls||Tazawa-ko and Kakunodate|
Accessible by bus from Tazawa-ko are several small, unspoiled...
|Hot Springs / Spas||Tazawa-ko and Kakunodate|
The clear waters and forested slopes of Tazawa-ko (Lake Tazawa)...
|Bodies of Water||Tazawa-ko and Kakunodate|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $235 & up -- Japan: Luxury Hotels, Save 50% Featured Destination: Japan
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- $1599 & up -- Japan Vacations incl. Air, Save up to $550 — $1,599 Featured Destination: Japan
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 — $36 Featured Destination: Japan