- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
A Yen for Yen. See where the history of the yen began, in the Bank of Japan and Currency Museum.
Japanese Impressions. Go to the Bridgestone Museum of Art, one of Japan's best private collections of French Impressionist art and post-Meiji Japanese painting in Western styles.
Tang and Song. The Idemitsu Museum of Art houses a collection of Tang- and Song-dynasty Chinese porcelain and Japanese ceramics. Also on display are masterpieces of Old Seto, Oribe, Old Kutani, Karatsu, and Kakiemon ware.
A Leisurely Stroll. On weekends, see the historic Wako department store, and explore the small side streets of this old shopping district without fear of traffic.
Feeding Frenzy. Check out the basement food halls in Mitsukoshi department store in Nihombashi and Ginza, where you will find hundreds of delicious desserts and prepared foods.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel