- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- nicely priced
- friendly staff
- neighborhood has small restaurants and pubs that offer great food for a good price
- small rooms and baths
- quiet area on weekends
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Sumisho Hotel Review
This hotel, in a down-to-earth, friendly neighborhood, is popular with budget-minded foreign visitors who prefer to stay near the small Japanese restaurants and bars of Ningyo-cho area of Nihombashi. A shallow rock pond and stone lantern welcome guests inside, but that's where the graces end. The biggest twin rooms are long and narrow, and the bathrooms are tiny units with low ceilings. The best accommodations are the three tatami rooms on the second floor overlooking a small Japanese garden. Full-course Japanese meals are available in the restaurant, Kappo Sumisho, and the original Mitsukoshi Department Store is within walking distance.
- Address: 9-14 Nihombashi-Kobunacho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0024 | Map It
- Phone: 03/3661-4603
- Website: www.sumisho-hotel.co.jp
- Subway: Hibiya and Asakusa subway lines, Ningyo-cho Station (Exit A5).
- Location: Nihombashi
- 72 Western-style rooms, 11 Japanese-style rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
I am planning a trip to Japan for Nov. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more