- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Shin Marunouchi Building
Shin Marunouchi Building Review
Starting in the late 1990s, Mitsubishi Estate has been aggressively reshaping the area just to the west of Tokyo Station with sparkling mixed-use complexes-and the 38-floor Shin Marunouchi Building is the best example. Largely European in style, including arching steel and high windows, the first seven floors have over 150 shops and restaurants. The wood-deck terrace on the seventh floor is the best choice for a bite as it affords a very nice view of Tokyo Station. For the weary, all public areas of the building have massive amounts of benches—a rarity in Tokyo.
- Address: 1-5-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100--6590
- Phone: 03/5218-5100
- Hours: Shops Mon.--Sat.11--9, Sun. and holidays 11--8; restaurants Mon.--Sat. 11--11, Sun. and holidays 11--10
- Website: www.marunouchi.com/shinmaru
- Subway: JR lines, Tokyo Station (Marunouchi North Exit); Chiyoda Line, Nijubashimae Station (Exit 7).
- Location: Nihombashi, Ginza, and Yuraku-cho
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
First, thanks to all who replied to my other thread about where to go for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more