- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
JR East offers Suica, a rechargeable debit card in Tokyo. PASMO, another rechargeable prepaid card in Tokyo, can be used on subways and JR and non-JR trains. The one-day Holiday Pass works in the entire Tokyo-JR network on holidays, weekends, and the summer holiday period (July 20-August 31). Tokyo's other one-day passes include the Tokunai Pass for JR lines and the Tokyo Free Kippu, which also covers subways and buses.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe