Sights & Attractions in Laos
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Vientiane
Ho Phra Keo
There's a good reason why Ho Phra Keo, one of the city's oldest...
Nam Phu Square
An attractive square with a nice but nonfunctioning circular...
A modern, well-laid-out, two-story building houses interesting...
|Museums / Galleries||Vientiane|
Suan Wattanatham Bandapao
The attraction at this park near the river (and 20 km miles]...
To truly immerse yourself in Vientiane, visit this vast indoor...
|Markets / Bazaars||Vientiane|
The city's most sacred monument, this massive, 147-foot-high...
|Memorials / Monuments||Vientiane|
Wat Si Muang
This wat, built in 1956, guards the original city pillar, a revered...
|Public Art (Mural / Sculpture / Statue), Religious Sites||Vientiane|
Wat Sisaket Museum
This interesting museum complex is made up of a crumbling temple...
Xieng Khuan Buddha Park
The bizarre creation of an ecumenical monk, Luang Pa Bunleua...
Browse All Laos Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Thailand & Laos Experience — $5,439 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) — $7,995 IExplore