- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Travel agents in Chiang Mai can set you up with any number of tour packages.
Diethelm Travel is one of the oldest and most-respected travel agencies offering package trips to Laos, and a good source for travel information and tours in Laos. Kian Gwan II Bldg., 140/1 Wittayu [Wireless Rd.], Bangkok, 10330. 02/255-9150. www.diethelmtravel.com. Setthathirat Rd. at Nam Phu Fountain Sq., Vientiane. 021/215129 or 021/215920. Sisavangvong Rd., Luang Prabang. 071/212277.
Green Discovery Laos is the top eco- and adventure-tour operator in Laos, and is the best source for local information. 54 Setthathirat Rd., Nam Phou, Vientiane. 021/223022. www.greendiscoverylaos.com.
Lao Youth Travel. Lao Youth Travel does tours around Laos and can answer questions. 024 Fa Ngum Quay, Ban Mixay, Vientiane. 021/240939. www.laoyouthtravel.com. 410 Visounnarath Rd., Visoun, Box 1086, Luang Prabang. 071/253340.
The National Tourism Authority of the Lao People's Democratic Republic has offices in Vientiane and all other provinces in Laos; they provide some printed materials, but little else. BP 3556, Ave. Lan Xang, Vientiane. 021/212248 or 021/250681. www.tourismlaos.gov.la.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Thailand & Laos Experience — $5,439 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) — $7,995 IExplore