Nyonya Baba Cuisine
Nyonya Baba Cuisine Review
Formerly called the Dragon King, which opened in 1976, this family-run restaurant is one of the few in Penang that continues to serve traditional Nyonya cuisine. It's situated in a row of restored shophouses, and the Peranakan theme can be seen in the colorful floral tiling and in all of the dishes featured in the picture menu. The owners are friendly and around to offer dining advice for those new to the cuisine, however the hong bak (stewed pork in thick gravy), fried chicken, and prawn curry are all top picks.
- Address: 44 Jalan Nagor, Georgetown, Penang, 10050
- Phone: 60/42278035
- Location: Penang
- Closed Tues.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Me and my friends planned to have a vacation because we have a long weekend and at the same time we want to unwind, off for work and enjoy the beauty of our destination. Read more
With lots of pictures and videos. Read more
My husband's been invited to a conference in Singapore early March 2014. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more