Nan Guang Coffee Shop
Nan Guang Coffee Shop Review
Loyal eaters of laksa, a spicy noodle soup from the Peranakan culture, will travel near and far in search of the best bowl. One place you will find many of these pilgrims returning to and raving about is Kim Laksa at the Nan Guang Coffee Shop. The stall outside the scruffy, open-air dining area prepares two types of laksa: the Asam uses tamarind to make a more sour soup; and the Siam is rich with coconut milk and lemongrass. Tropical fruit and nutmeg juices are prepared fresh, along with durian—the Malaysian "King of Fruits"—and mangosteen to enjoy for dessert.
- Address: 67 Main Rd., Balik Pulau, Penang, 11000
- Location: Penang
- No credit cards.
- Closed Wed.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Me and my friends planned to have a vacation because we have a long weekend and at the same time we want to unwind, off for work and enjoy the beauty of our destination. Read more
With lots of pictures and videos. Read more
My husband's been invited to a conference in Singapore early March 2014. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more