Top Reasons to Go
Explore Pagodas. Slip off your shoes and stare slack-jacked at Bagan's staggering spread of 2,200 untouched 11th- and 12th-century pagodas.
Sweat it Out. Spicy curries, giant chili-soaked prawns, and piquant salads help you beat the heat.
Travel Back in Time. The turn-of-the-century colonial buildings that line Rangoon's The Strand stand just as they did during British rule.
Be a Trailblazer. Burma is like China in 1979—cut off from the Western world but on the verge of changing rapidly.
Know Kindness. Burmese locals will welcome you warmly and the hard-sell experienced elsewhere doesn't exist.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- India's Golden Chariot Independent Journey IExplore
- $1499 & up -- Hong Kong & Shanghai 6-Night Trip w/Air — $1,499 go-today
- India's Rajasthan — $2,995 IExplore