Nilar Biryani Review
Eating at this busy spot that's always packed with locals is a delicious, inexpensive affair. The menu is tiny, with just three types of biryani—chicken, mutton, and vegetable (which sells out the fastest). Be sure to order your meal with pickles. Service is fast and efficient; this is the place to grab a lassi and eat quickly before returning to sightseeing. Nilar Biryani is always crowded. If you can't get a table, head just down the street to the equally good New Delhi (Anawratha Road between Shwe Bontha and 28th Street), where the menu is longer and includes plenty of vegetarian dishes. Don't skip out on the potato chapati, daal, and very spicy curries.
- Address: 216 Anawratha Rd., Yangon (Rangoon)
- Location: Yangon (Rangoon)
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $235 & up -- Japan: Luxury Hotels, Save 50% Featured Destination: Japan
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Temples of Bali & Borobudur IExplore
- $1599 & up -- Japan Vacations incl. Air, Save up to $550 — $1,599 Featured Destination: Japan
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
Hi All! Read more
Just wondering about the best way to get from the Airport to Sofitel Legend Hotel. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more